Paul Zelnick focuses his practice on providing effective outside counsel to entrepreneurs, public companies, and private companies in a range of industries including hospitality, consumer products, aviation, real estate, technology, and energy. He advises clients in connection with a range of corporate and transactional matters including entity formation, corporate restructurings, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, complex loan transactions, and with the preparation and negotiation of various commercial contracts including service, manufacturing, employment, independent contractor, licensing, and non-disclosure agreements.
Prior to joining Caldera Law, Paul was in private practice for a number of years working as a corporate and securities transactional attorney, first at a large national law firm in Miami, Florida, and then at an established mid-sized law firm Palm Beach County, Florida. Before his career as a transactional attorney, Paul spent 5 years as a litigator, representing plaintiffs in cases involving consumer debt and fraud. Paul also previously worked as a Series 3 licensed commodities broker where he traded commodity options in the energy, metals, agricultural, and currency markets on behalf of retail investors.
Paul graduated from Georgetown University in 2004 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver College of Law in 2009. Paul is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida.
Paul Zelnick’s representative matters include the following:
- Served as corporate/securities counsel for private fund managers and real estate developers in Regulation D and Regulation S offerings involving a combined capital raise in excess of $500 million.
- Represented a senior living facility in its procurement of a $65 million construction loan.
- Negotiated and closed mezzanine loans in excess of $250 million on behalf of commercial and residential real estate developers.
- Represented a premier, full-service commercial truck driving school in the sale of its assets and membership interests to a leading recruiting and employment solutions provider.
- Represented a local entrepreneur in his $20 million acquisition of several cellular retail outlets.
- Served as an associate outside counsel to a publicly traded online university and a privately held multimedia company.
- Represented a cannabis manufacturer in a joint venture transaction with an established cannabis brand that established the cannabis manufacturer as the exclusive licensee of the cannabis brand in the United States.